Forest minister`s son flouts wildlife laws; probe on
Mumbai: Maharashtra`s wildlife warden has ordered a probe into a case involving Youth Congress workers, including Vishwajeet Kadam, son of Forest Minister Patangrao Kadam, for allegedly flouting wildlife laws.
State Youth Congress president Vishwajeet Kadam was present at a party organised in Gautala wildlife sanctuary June 17, and has been accused of violating wildlife laws.
"I have ordered a probe into the matter. The law will take its own course if the violations are proved against the party workers," said state Wildlife Warden S.W.H. Naqvi Thursday.
The Aurangabad unit of Maharashtra Pradesh Youth Congress had organised this party in the Gautala wildlife sanctuary, around 70 km from the city. The conduct of the party is said to have violated several wildlife rules.
Although Patangrao Kadam or his son Vishwajeet remained unavailable for comment, an aide said Vishwajeet went to the sanctuary when called up by some people but he was unaware of the fact that a party was going on there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family