Forest minister`s son flouts wildlife laws; probe on
Mumbai: Maharashtra`s wildlife warden has ordered a probe into a case involving Youth Congress workers, including Vishwajeet Kadam, son of Forest Minister Patangrao Kadam, for allegedly flouting wildlife laws.
State Youth Congress president Vishwajeet Kadam was present at a party organised in Gautala wildlife sanctuary June 17, and has been accused of violating wildlife laws.
"I have ordered a probe into the matter. The law will take its own course if the violations are proved against the party workers," said state Wildlife Warden S.W.H. Naqvi Thursday.
The Aurangabad unit of Maharashtra Pradesh Youth Congress had organised this party in the Gautala wildlife sanctuary, around 70 km from the city. The conduct of the party is said to have violated several wildlife rules.
Although Patangrao Kadam or his son Vishwajeet remained unavailable for comment, an aide said Vishwajeet went to the sanctuary when called up by some people but he was unaware of the fact that a party was going on there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'