Forest minister`s son flouts wildlife laws; probe on
Mumbai: Maharashtra`s wildlife warden has ordered a probe into a case involving Youth Congress workers, including Vishwajeet Kadam, son of Forest Minister Patangrao Kadam, for allegedly flouting wildlife laws.
State Youth Congress president Vishwajeet Kadam was present at a party organised in Gautala wildlife sanctuary June 17, and has been accused of violating wildlife laws.
"I have ordered a probe into the matter. The law will take its own course if the violations are proved against the party workers," said state Wildlife Warden S.W.H. Naqvi Thursday.
The Aurangabad unit of Maharashtra Pradesh Youth Congress had organised this party in the Gautala wildlife sanctuary, around 70 km from the city. The conduct of the party is said to have violated several wildlife rules.
Although Patangrao Kadam or his son Vishwajeet remained unavailable for comment, an aide said Vishwajeet went to the sanctuary when called up by some people but he was unaware of the fact that a party was going on there.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark