Four crocodiles rescued from various areas of Vadodara
Vadodara: Four crocodiles, including three hatchlings, were rescued from various areas of the city lashed by heavy rains in last 24 hours.
While a reptile was caught when it was crawling by roadside along a pond near Rajstambh Society, a five-feet-long crocodile was rescued from near a statue in Tarsali area last night, said Raju Bhavsar of the Gujarat State Prevention to Cruelty to Animals (GSPCA).
Two more reptile hatchlings were rescued from the premises of Kashivishwanath Temple, located on Rajmahal Road in city and handed over to forest department.
Bhavsar said Vishwamitri river which flows from the middle of the city is habitat for the species.
Volunteers of crocodile group and GSPCA informed that a number of reptiles are captured every year during monsoon season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch