Four crocodiles rescued from various areas of Vadodara
Vadodara: Four crocodiles, including three hatchlings, were rescued from various areas of the city lashed by heavy rains in last 24 hours.
While a reptile was caught when it was crawling by roadside along a pond near Rajstambh Society, a five-feet-long crocodile was rescued from near a statue in Tarsali area last night, said Raju Bhavsar of the Gujarat State Prevention to Cruelty to Animals (GSPCA).
Two more reptile hatchlings were rescued from the premises of Kashivishwanath Temple, located on Rajmahal Road in city and handed over to forest department.
Bhavsar said Vishwamitri river which flows from the middle of the city is habitat for the species.
Volunteers of crocodile group and GSPCA informed that a number of reptiles are captured every year during monsoon season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog