Four crocodiles rescued from various areas of Vadodara
Vadodara: Four crocodiles, including three hatchlings, were rescued from various areas of the city lashed by heavy rains in last 24 hours.
While a reptile was caught when it was crawling by roadside along a pond near Rajstambh Society, a five-feet-long crocodile was rescued from near a statue in Tarsali area last night, said Raju Bhavsar of the Gujarat State Prevention to Cruelty to Animals (GSPCA).
Two more reptile hatchlings were rescued from the premises of Kashivishwanath Temple, located on Rajmahal Road in city and handed over to forest department.
Bhavsar said Vishwamitri river which flows from the middle of the city is habitat for the species.
Volunteers of crocodile group and GSPCA informed that a number of reptiles are captured every year during monsoon season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- First Haj flight from Uttar Pradesh to take off on August 10
- Kremlin dismisses US Democratic email hack claims as `absurd`
- HC dismisses PIL against sale of 'Antilia' land to Mukesh Ambani
- Court issues arrest warrant against Vijayakanth, wife
- No plan for women in army combat role, Manohar Parrikar tells Rajya Sabha