Four tiger cubs spotted in Tadoba
Nagpur: Four new-born tiger cubs have been spotted at the Tadoba Andheri Tiger Reserve (TATR), located 150 km from here, bringing cheer to wildlife conservationists.
"The four cubs were sighted at the Kolsa range of TATR recently," S P Thakre, Chief Conservator and Field Director of the tiger reserve located in Chandrapur district of
The cubs which were two to three months old were spotted with their mother by a forest guard, he said.
A tigress takes her cubs out in the open only when they were strong enough, he pointed out.
Camera traps have been installed in the forest to keep a tab on their movements, he said, adding another two tigresses gave birth to four cubs each in Katezhari and Moharli area in TATR.
Thakre said a proposal to expand the Tiger Reserve by an additional 1,100 sq km from the current 625.40 sq km was yet to be implemented.
Once the new area is added, TATR which has around 45 tigers, would become an ideal habitat for big cats, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'