Four tiger cubs spotted in Tadoba
Nagpur: Four new-born tiger cubs have been spotted at the Tadoba Andheri Tiger Reserve (TATR), located 150 km from here, bringing cheer to wildlife conservationists.
"The four cubs were sighted at the Kolsa range of TATR recently," S P Thakre, Chief Conservator and Field Director of the tiger reserve located in Chandrapur district of
The cubs which were two to three months old were spotted with their mother by a forest guard, he said.
A tigress takes her cubs out in the open only when they were strong enough, he pointed out.
Camera traps have been installed in the forest to keep a tab on their movements, he said, adding another two tigresses gave birth to four cubs each in Katezhari and Moharli area in TATR.
Thakre said a proposal to expand the Tiger Reserve by an additional 1,100 sq km from the current 625.40 sq km was yet to be implemented.
Once the new area is added, TATR which has around 45 tigers, would become an ideal habitat for big cats, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand