France to host 2015 summit to finalise deal on global warming
Warsaw: France was Friday officially named as the host of the next climate conference in 2015 designed to seal a deal to tackle global warming.
France was designated as the host at the ongoing UN Climate Change summit here by the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) was widely expected.
The 2015 conference will be held at Le Bourget, on the outskirts of Paris, from November 30 to December 11. The expected accord would take effect in 2020.
An offshoot of the 1992 Rio Earth Summit, the UNFCCC includes 194 states and the European Union (EU).
In 2011, its members set their sights on a worldwide pact to limit global warming to two degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels.
Rich countries have also promised to muster 100 billion dollars a year in climate aid by 2020.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai