Germany to make `biggest` climate fund pledge: Report
Brussels: Germany is to pledge the highest single contribution to a EU fund aimed at helping poor nations cope with climate change, the German media has reported.
EU governments have so far vowed to provide a total of 3 billion euros ($4.4 billion) over the next three years to a global fund provided by rich nations.
The biggest single contribution thus far - 883 million euros - has come from Britain.
While Berlin has been reluctant to make its own contribution known, EU diplomats said that Germany had made "an important pledge" during an EU summit in Brussels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals