Goa to spend 17 crore for better facilities on beaches
Panaji: The Goa tourism ministry will spend Rs.17.23 crore to spruce up beaches in south Goa, said Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar Tuesday.
Central finance assistance from the union tourism ministry will be used on the beach circuit in and around Colva, 40 km from here, to develope it within three months, Parulekar said.
The Colva, Gonsua, Betalbatim and Benaulim beaches in South Goa district are located in the Salcete taluka. "These beaches are very popular with the domestic and international tourists all through the year," he said.
"These areas demand development and a facelift, which can help accommodate more tourists and provide better facilities," the tourism minister said.
The minister also said that tenders for the development work have already been floated.
Parulekar said that the upgradation of the beaches will include improving facilities like parking of vehicles, childrens` parks with play area, changing rooms, toilets, and seating arrangements and so on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars