Green signal from Centre for road through wild ass sanctuary
Ahmedabad: The Union Government has approved construction of a 40-km stretch of road passing through the wild ass sanctuary across Kutch and North Gujarat, an official statement said here today.
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel thanked the Union Minister of State for Environment and Forests Prakash Javdekar for the approval.
Recently, Patel had met Javdekar in New Delhi and sought approval for the road, the release said.
The stretch is part of a 255-km long road connecting Gaduli in Kutch with Santalpur in Patan district in north Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security