Greenpeace protests as Delhi fails to meet renewable targets
New Delhi: Greenpeace activists Wednesday held protest against Delhi`s poor performance in meeting its renewable energy targets, and demanded that a policy on renewable energy be framed by the Delhi government.
The protest was held outside the residence of Delhi`s Power Minister Haroon Yusuf here.
"Delhi has no policy on renewables despite having an ever increasing power demand. The minister has agreed to look into the matter," said Anand Prabhu Pathanjali, energy campaigner, Greenpeace India.
Greenpeace, in its recent report, had found that the national capital had the poorest record among all states in achieving renewable targets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday