HC issues notice to HP PCB on mining along Pabbar river
Shimla: Taking note of news reports regarding illegal mining along the banks of Pabbar river in Rohroo area of Shimla, Himachal Pradesh High Court issued notice to State Pollution Control Board and also directed to cordon off all access roads to the river.
Taking suo motu notice of reports, a division bench comprising Chief Justice A M Khanwilkar and Justice R B Mishra sought reply from Pollution Control Board saying that "factual position mentioned in the news item appears to be correct".
The court also directed Superintending Engineer, Rohroo to take immediate steps to cordon off the access roads leading to the river bed, whether authorised or illegal, and listed the case for May 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees