HC issues notice to HP PCB on mining along Pabbar river
Shimla: Taking note of news reports regarding illegal mining along the banks of Pabbar river in Rohroo area of Shimla, Himachal Pradesh High Court issued notice to State Pollution Control Board and also directed to cordon off all access roads to the river.
Taking suo motu notice of reports, a division bench comprising Chief Justice A M Khanwilkar and Justice R B Mishra sought reply from Pollution Control Board saying that "factual position mentioned in the news item appears to be correct".
The court also directed Superintending Engineer, Rohroo to take immediate steps to cordon off the access roads leading to the river bed, whether authorised or illegal, and listed the case for May 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days