HC issues notice to HP PCB on mining along Pabbar river
Shimla: Taking note of news reports regarding illegal mining along the banks of Pabbar river in Rohroo area of Shimla, Himachal Pradesh High Court issued notice to State Pollution Control Board and also directed to cordon off all access roads to the river.
Taking suo motu notice of reports, a division bench comprising Chief Justice A M Khanwilkar and Justice R B Mishra sought reply from Pollution Control Board saying that "factual position mentioned in the news item appears to be correct".
The court also directed Superintending Engineer, Rohroo to take immediate steps to cordon off the access roads leading to the river bed, whether authorised or illegal, and listed the case for May 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming