HC issues notice to HP PCB on mining along Pabbar river
Shimla: Taking note of news reports regarding illegal mining along the banks of Pabbar river in Rohroo area of Shimla, Himachal Pradesh High Court issued notice to State Pollution Control Board and also directed to cordon off all access roads to the river.
Taking suo motu notice of reports, a division bench comprising Chief Justice A M Khanwilkar and Justice R B Mishra sought reply from Pollution Control Board saying that "factual position mentioned in the news item appears to be correct".
The court also directed Superintending Engineer, Rohroo to take immediate steps to cordon off the access roads leading to the river bed, whether authorised or illegal, and listed the case for May 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Tax dept asks officers to suggest changes in direct tax laws
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets