HC issues notice to HP PCB on mining along Pabbar river
Shimla: Taking note of news reports regarding illegal mining along the banks of Pabbar river in Rohroo area of Shimla, Himachal Pradesh High Court issued notice to State Pollution Control Board and also directed to cordon off all access roads to the river.
Taking suo motu notice of reports, a division bench comprising Chief Justice A M Khanwilkar and Justice R B Mishra sought reply from Pollution Control Board saying that "factual position mentioned in the news item appears to be correct".
The court also directed Superintending Engineer, Rohroo to take immediate steps to cordon off the access roads leading to the river bed, whether authorised or illegal, and listed the case for May 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Public sector bank employees on strike today; operations hit
- Mamata Banerjee wants West Bengal to be called ‘Bangla’: Report
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why
- Flood wrecks havoc in Bihar, Assam; more than 40 dead, lakhs affected