Heat wave kills 16 peacocks in Madhya Pradesh
Morena (MP): Intense heat wave in Madhya Pradesh allegedly claimed the lives of at least 16 peacocks in Ruar Dohra village here, forest officials said today.
Though villagers claim that 35 peacocks were found dead near a water body yesterday in the village, officials said that so far only 16 carcasses have been recovered.
A team of officials was rushed to the spot after getting information about the deaths but the exact number will be ascertained only after their inspection is over.
District Collector N B S Rajput said that he recently gave instructions to the forest and veterinary departments to make adequate arrangements of food and water to save the bird from excessive heat conditions prevailing in the region.
Congress MLA from Sumawali seat in Morena, Adal Singh Kansana has demanded a probe into the sudden death of large number of peacocks in the region.
MP has been reeling under extreme heat with temperatures crossing the 45-degree mark in several areas.
This week, Khajuraho and Nowgaon were the hottest places in the state with maximum temperature touching 46.7 degrees.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'