Heat wave kills 16 peacocks in Madhya Pradesh
Morena (MP): Intense heat wave in Madhya Pradesh allegedly claimed the lives of at least 16 peacocks in Ruar Dohra village here, forest officials said today.
Though villagers claim that 35 peacocks were found dead near a water body yesterday in the village, officials said that so far only 16 carcasses have been recovered.
A team of officials was rushed to the spot after getting information about the deaths but the exact number will be ascertained only after their inspection is over.
District Collector N B S Rajput said that he recently gave instructions to the forest and veterinary departments to make adequate arrangements of food and water to save the bird from excessive heat conditions prevailing in the region.
Congress MLA from Sumawali seat in Morena, Adal Singh Kansana has demanded a probe into the sudden death of large number of peacocks in the region.
MP has been reeling under extreme heat with temperatures crossing the 45-degree mark in several areas.
This week, Khajuraho and Nowgaon were the hottest places in the state with maximum temperature touching 46.7 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why