Heat wave kills 16 peacocks in Madhya Pradesh
Morena (MP): Intense heat wave in Madhya Pradesh allegedly claimed the lives of at least 16 peacocks in Ruar Dohra village here, forest officials said today.
Though villagers claim that 35 peacocks were found dead near a water body yesterday in the village, officials said that so far only 16 carcasses have been recovered.
A team of officials was rushed to the spot after getting information about the deaths but the exact number will be ascertained only after their inspection is over.
District Collector N B S Rajput said that he recently gave instructions to the forest and veterinary departments to make adequate arrangements of food and water to save the bird from excessive heat conditions prevailing in the region.
Congress MLA from Sumawali seat in Morena, Adal Singh Kansana has demanded a probe into the sudden death of large number of peacocks in the region.
MP has been reeling under extreme heat with temperatures crossing the 45-degree mark in several areas.
This week, Khajuraho and Nowgaon were the hottest places in the state with maximum temperature touching 46.7 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron