How 30-ton dinosaurs actually had sex
London: Gigantic dinosaurs weighing more 30-tons and longer than four-storey buildings made love just like dogs do, scientists have revealed.
It is a well known fact that dinosaurs ruled the Earth at some point and they could only have done this by being good at mating, but how they actually made love had been a mystery till now.
“The most likely position to have intercourse is for the male behind the female, and on top of her, and from behind, any other position is unfathomable,” the Daily Mail quoted Kristi Curry Rogers, Assistant Professor of Biology and Geology at Macalester College in Minnesota as telling the Discovery Channel.
However, some experts have questioned this line of thinking and suggested that dinosaurs romped in water.
Stuart Landry, a biologist, believes that big dinosaurs would just fall over on land and would have needed water to provide support.
Gregory Erickson, a paleobiologist at Florida State University backs Rogers’ findings.
“It’s going to be very touch and go. It’s an awkward thing,” Erickson said.
“I’ve heard speculation that they did it in the water, but they’re not aquatic animals. Just because they’re large animals, doesn’t mean they can’t mate on land – after all, elephants do it,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Yuvraj Singh: Onus on Sunrisers Hyderabad's all-rounder to guide Warner & Co to IPL final vs RCB
- Moved on after Twitter-spat with Irani: Priyanka Chaturvedi
- Speculation abounds over new Taliban chief`s leaked photo
- Watch video: This is just not the way this cat's humans expected it to behave on seeing a rat!
- There are 'no good or bad terrorists': Pranab Mukherjee tells Xi Jinping