Hundreds of fish found dead in Vellode birds sanctuary
Erode: Hundreds of fish were found floating dead in a tank at Vellode birds sanctuary in the district with officials suspecting low water storage due to poor rains to be the reason behind the deaths.
Forest officials led by Conservator of Forest D Arun visited the 77-acre sanctuary after some villagers noticed the dead fish and informed them yesterday, officials said.
Arun said the water level in the tank had decreased drastically due to failure of rains which might have led to oxygen deficiency, causing the death of the fish.
He would take up the matter with the Public Works Department and seek release of some water into the tank through Lower Bhavani Project Canal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video