Hundreds of fish found dead in Vellode birds sanctuary
Erode: Hundreds of fish were found floating dead in a tank at Vellode birds sanctuary in the district with officials suspecting low water storage due to poor rains to be the reason behind the deaths.
Forest officials led by Conservator of Forest D Arun visited the 77-acre sanctuary after some villagers noticed the dead fish and informed them yesterday, officials said.
Arun said the water level in the tank had decreased drastically due to failure of rains which might have led to oxygen deficiency, causing the death of the fish.
He would take up the matter with the Public Works Department and seek release of some water into the tank through Lower Bhavani Project Canal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah