IGNOU launches online course on biodiversity
New Delhi: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) said Monday it will launch a new online course on biodiversity from July.
"The Appreciation Programme on Sustainable Management of Biodiversity (APSMB) aims to recreate and secure linkages between people and nature," the statement said.
"It provides an understanding of biodiversity science in an effort to sensitise people to the threats posed to it while promoting the conservation of biological diversity of ecosystems," it added.
The one-month online course can be pursued by graduates in any discipline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Mohan Bhagwat's comments on Hindu population are 'outdated': Shiv Sena
- Wow! Google Duo now available in India to make free video calls
- In Goa, Arvind Kejriwal says AAP has no money to fight elections
- Turkish soldier killed in clash with Kurdish militants - security sources
- Amitabh Bachchan set to return as the 'angry man' in 'Sarkar 3'