IIM, Shillong to participate at UN Earth Summit at Rio
Guwahati: Indian Institute of Management, Shillong is the only educational institution in the country to participate as an official invitee at the UN Earth Summit scehduled to begin from June 15 at Brazil`s capital Rio de Janerio.
Prof Sanjeeb Kakoty is the lone academic from India who was selected to the group that has drafted the report on Management Education, official sources said here today.
IIM Shillong has also contributed to the Indian section of the film on Voices from different parts of the world, which will be screened at the inaugural session.
The Summit would also adopt the `50+20 report on Management Education in the World`, a collaborative project between the World Business School Council of Sustainable Business (WBSCSB), the Globally Responsible Leadership Initiative (GRLI) and the Principles of Responsible Management Education.
IIM Shillong was the founding member of WBSCSB which grew out of series of informal meetings held between different individuals and groups.
Director Prof A K Dutta said the institute was indeed privileged to be part of the move to transform Management Education from the tenet of being the best in the world to create business that is designed to achieve the best for the world.
``In order to create a world where all citizens live well, 50+20 urges action toward a different kind of society with a revised economic framework that is celebrated for its contribution to society and the world``, he said.
Apart from reviewing the state of management education in the world, ``our job is to offer solutions and explore new roads that would ensure sustainability``, Prof Kakoty said prior to his departure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail