Image shows elusive tiger in good health
Udhagamandalam: The tiger which has killed three persons is still at large and seemingly in good health, as an image of the carnivore captured early today by one of the 48 cameras installed in the area suggested.
As many 250 personnel, drawn from amongst police, forest and Special Task Force officials, have joined the efforts to trap the tiger, Nilgiris District Collector P Shankar told reporters.
The tiger, which killed three persons, including two women, early this month within a span of six days, is hiding in the tea gardens around Kundachappai area, he said.
One of the two images of the tiger captured earlier had suggested that the animal was limping.
The operation to capture the tiger would be carried out in the night hours with six traps placed at vantage points, he said.
Stating that the Doddabetta view point had been opened to tourists from today, he said that the public will be allowed to move only in vehicles to the spot which is to be closed by 4 P.M.
The carnivore has not attacked any villagers in the last six days, Shankar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says