Image shows elusive tiger in good health
Udhagamandalam: The tiger which has killed three persons is still at large and seemingly in good health, as an image of the carnivore captured early today by one of the 48 cameras installed in the area suggested.
As many 250 personnel, drawn from amongst police, forest and Special Task Force officials, have joined the efforts to trap the tiger, Nilgiris District Collector P Shankar told reporters.
The tiger, which killed three persons, including two women, early this month within a span of six days, is hiding in the tea gardens around Kundachappai area, he said.
One of the two images of the tiger captured earlier had suggested that the animal was limping.
The operation to capture the tiger would be carried out in the night hours with six traps placed at vantage points, he said.
Stating that the Doddabetta view point had been opened to tourists from today, he said that the public will be allowed to move only in vehicles to the spot which is to be closed by 4 P.M.
The carnivore has not attacked any villagers in the last six days, Shankar added.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on