Image shows elusive tiger in good health
Udhagamandalam: The tiger which has killed three persons is still at large and seemingly in good health, as an image of the carnivore captured early today by one of the 48 cameras installed in the area suggested.
As many 250 personnel, drawn from amongst police, forest and Special Task Force officials, have joined the efforts to trap the tiger, Nilgiris District Collector P Shankar told reporters.
The tiger, which killed three persons, including two women, early this month within a span of six days, is hiding in the tea gardens around Kundachappai area, he said.
One of the two images of the tiger captured earlier had suggested that the animal was limping.
The operation to capture the tiger would be carried out in the night hours with six traps placed at vantage points, he said.
Stating that the Doddabetta view point had been opened to tourists from today, he said that the public will be allowed to move only in vehicles to the spot which is to be closed by 4 P.M.
The carnivore has not attacked any villagers in the last six days, Shankar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Twist in BMC poll results as BJP emerges as `largest party`
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway