Implement Cancun accords, demand LDCs
New Delhi: The Least Developed Countries (LDC) Saturday called for immediate disbursement of funds, agreed at the Cancun talks, for them to deal with the impact of climate change.
"We call for immediate disbursement of fast start funds agreed under Cancun Agreements to the LDCs and special allocation of resources under the Green Climate Fund for LDCs along with transfer of environmentally-sound technologies to LDCs to meet their urgent adaptation and mitigation needs," a statement released here after an India-LDC ministerial conference said.
"We recognise that climate change presents a major threat to livelihoods in developing countries, particularly in LDCs and other vulnerable countries and pledge to work together to take forward the Cancun Agreements to find effective solutions based on the principle of equity and common but differentiated responsibility and respective capabilities," it said.
Representatives of 48 Least Developed Countries (LDCs), including some 35 foreign ministers, over 40 Permanent Representatives to the UN, and other delegates and observers from several other countries attended the two-day conference which aimed at fostering and strengthening development partnership between India and the LDCs.
The statement also called for an early conclusion of the Doha round of trade talks "with a development based outcome to allow meaningful integration of the LDCs in the multilateral trading network".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pink auto introduced in Ghaziabad specifically for women
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Lodha panel's recommendations could take cricket 20 years back, feels Anurag Thakur
- Future of cinema is internet movies, says Kangana Ranaut
- Campus violence: AMU expels 11 students, suspends 17 others
- Mandy Moore, Ryan Adams officially divorced
- Subramanian Swamy – Interesting facts about the firebrand politician