India, Holland to set up joint working group for clean energy
New Delhi: India and the Netherlands today agreed to set up a joint working group for exchange of technical and institutional knowledge on clean energy.
The two countries signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for intensifying cooperation and hoped that the agreement would not only encourage linkages at the governmental level but also between private companies.
"Under this agreement, an Indo-Dutch Joint Working Group will be set up and the exchange of technical and institutional knowledge on clean energy will be facilitated," a Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) statement said.
The MoU was signed by Dutch Ambassador Alphonsus Stoelinga and for India by MNRE secretary Satish Balram Agnihotri in the presence of New and Renewable Energy Minister Farooq Abdullah.
Abdullah hoped that the MoU would mark the beginning of a symbiotic and mutually beneficial wave of cooperation in the clean energy sector.
Stoelinga said that both countries have similar ambitions and face similar challenges in harnessing clean energy.
Representatives of a number of private companies, including DSM, Thermax India and PwC, were also present on the occasion.
Speaking about the energy situation in India and the rapid growth of the renewable energy sector in the country, Abdullah said that India plans to add over 30GW of renewable energy to its energy mix in the coming five years.
He also dwelt on the success of the wind energy programme and referred to the significant cost reductions in solar energy generation through the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray