India`s only hospital for fish to open in Kochi
Thiruvananthapuram: The country`s first hospital for fish has been sanctioned, and will come up shortly in Kochi, Kerala Minister for Fisheries K. Babu said Thursday.
The hospital will be set up with Rs.5.6 million assistance from the central government.
In a statement here Thursday, the state fisheries ministry said the hospital would come up under the Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies. It has been named the Aquatic Animal Health Laboratory.
"This is going to be a great boon for those people who are into aquaculture and the `hospital` will act as a one-stop place for technical assistance, help and guidance," Babu said.
The hospital will also address pollution-related problems faced by the fisheries sector.
"The central assistance will come by way of two equal instalments and the Kerala Fisheries University will also chip in," Babu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie