Indonesia`s Mount Lokon volcano erupts
Jakarta: Indonesian volcano Mount Lokon erupted Friday morning followed by a roaring noise and spewing of thick grey ash up to two km, officials said.
The 1,578-metre volcano in Sulawesi province erupted at 8.20am, Xinhua reported citing the Centre of Volcanology and Geological Danger.
Mitigation at the ministry of energy and mineral resources.
Sutopo Purwo Nugroho, a public relations official at the National Agency for Disaster Management, recommended that there should be no public activity within 2.5 km from the crater.
He urged people to stay alert and prepare for further activities of the volcano.
However, there was no immediate need for evacuating the area, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley