Infy among top 25 Performers in Caring for Climate Initiative
Bangalore: Software major Infosys has been identified as one of the top 25 performers in Caring for Climate Initiative by UN Global Compact and UN Environment Program.
Infosys achieved the greatest absolute emissions reductions percentage over the 2009 to 2010 reporting period under the programme aimed at advancing the role of businesses in addressing climate change, a company statement said.
The Caring for Climate Initiative Top 25 performers list recognizes companies that demonstrate leadership in reducing greenhouse gas emissions, set targets and transparently report verifiable data on current emissions among others.
Speaking on the occasion, Infosys Executive Co-Chairman Kris Gopalakrishnan said the company had embarked on "green journey" in 2007, committing to becoming carbon neutral across all its emissions by 2018.
Over the past four years, Infosys has saved 290 million units of electricity; by implementing energy efficiency measures across our development centers.
As part of this initiative, Infosys has committed to reduce its per capita electricity consumption by 50 per cent over 2007-08 levels by 2018 and source 100 per cent of electricity requirement from renewable resources (by 2018).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border