Infy among top 25 Performers in Caring for Climate Initiative
Bangalore: Software major Infosys has been identified as one of the top 25 performers in Caring for Climate Initiative by UN Global Compact and UN Environment Program.
Infosys achieved the greatest absolute emissions reductions percentage over the 2009 to 2010 reporting period under the programme aimed at advancing the role of businesses in addressing climate change, a company statement said.
The Caring for Climate Initiative Top 25 performers list recognizes companies that demonstrate leadership in reducing greenhouse gas emissions, set targets and transparently report verifiable data on current emissions among others.
Speaking on the occasion, Infosys Executive Co-Chairman Kris Gopalakrishnan said the company had embarked on "green journey" in 2007, committing to becoming carbon neutral across all its emissions by 2018.
Over the past four years, Infosys has saved 290 million units of electricity; by implementing energy efficiency measures across our development centers.
As part of this initiative, Infosys has committed to reduce its per capita electricity consumption by 50 per cent over 2007-08 levels by 2018 and source 100 per cent of electricity requirement from renewable resources (by 2018).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak