Infy among top 25 Performers in Caring for Climate Initiative
Bangalore: Software major Infosys has been identified as one of the top 25 performers in Caring for Climate Initiative by UN Global Compact and UN Environment Program.
Infosys achieved the greatest absolute emissions reductions percentage over the 2009 to 2010 reporting period under the programme aimed at advancing the role of businesses in addressing climate change, a company statement said.
The Caring for Climate Initiative Top 25 performers list recognizes companies that demonstrate leadership in reducing greenhouse gas emissions, set targets and transparently report verifiable data on current emissions among others.
Speaking on the occasion, Infosys Executive Co-Chairman Kris Gopalakrishnan said the company had embarked on "green journey" in 2007, committing to becoming carbon neutral across all its emissions by 2018.
Over the past four years, Infosys has saved 290 million units of electricity; by implementing energy efficiency measures across our development centers.
As part of this initiative, Infosys has committed to reduce its per capita electricity consumption by 50 per cent over 2007-08 levels by 2018 and source 100 per cent of electricity requirement from renewable resources (by 2018).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur