IPCC’s Amazon theory falls flat too!
New Delhi: RK Pachauri-led Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)is in the midst of yet another controversy over its report that nearly 40% of the Brazilian rainforest in Amazon is threatened by climate change.
According to a report published in UK’s Telegraph, the IPCC did not even research the claim, merely picking the report from the World Wildlife Fund database.
The newspaper also claims that the report was written not by rainforest specialists, but a policy analyst and a journalist.
The UN climate body has already courted controversy over wrong claims made in its reports on the melting of Himalayan glaciers and linking floods and hurricanes to climate change.
IPCC had claimed that all Himalayan glaciers would melt by 2035 which was later falsified by an array of scientists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof