IPCC’s Amazon theory falls flat too!
New Delhi: RK Pachauri-led Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)is in the midst of yet another controversy over its report that nearly 40% of the Brazilian rainforest in Amazon is threatened by climate change.
According to a report published in UK’s Telegraph, the IPCC did not even research the claim, merely picking the report from the World Wildlife Fund database.
The newspaper also claims that the report was written not by rainforest specialists, but a policy analyst and a journalist.
The UN climate body has already courted controversy over wrong claims made in its reports on the melting of Himalayan glaciers and linking floods and hurricanes to climate change.
IPCC had claimed that all Himalayan glaciers would melt by 2035 which was later falsified by an array of scientists.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!