Israel develops green pesticide
Jerusalem: Israeli scientists have developed an inexpensive environment friendly pesticide.
Researchers, led by Shmuel Gan-Mor, at Israel`s Agricultural Research Organization (ARO), said they have developed an emulsion based on an edible oil that is effective against pests on tomatoes, zucchinis, peppers and other vegetables.
The multispectral spray works against "diseases, insects, fungi and agricultural pests, such as mites, sternorrhyncha, and powdery mildew", Xinhua reported Wednesday quoting Gan-Mor. The pests were unable to develop a resistance to the mixture during the growing season, he said.
The agriculture and rural development ministry said that the new pesticide, which costs about $1 per liter, is safe for immediate harvesting and has a long shelf life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH