Italy’s Mount Etna erupts
New Delhi: Sicily’s Mount Etna, Europe’s highest active Volcano, has erupted, releasing a deadly column of volcanic ash 5,000 metres high above sea level.
The eruption began at 4.34am local time (4.43pm Thursday NZT).
According to the Institute of Geophysics and Vulcanology, the lava flow was centered primarily on the top area of the volcano.
Etna’s eruption does not pose any risks to the surrounding villages and no flights have been halted at the nearby Catania airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside