Japan to cut 25% greenhouse gas emissions by 2020
Tokyo: Reflecting the rising demand for clean energy internationally, an energy summit was recently organised in Tokyo under the aegis of Gas One, Japan`s gas supplying company.
Over 700 people from various corporate establishments attended the summit.
Elated at the response to the event, Takehiko Kawamoto, President, Gas One, said Japan at the UN leaders` meeting committed 25 per cent cut in greenhouse gas emissions by 2020 when Olympics are due to be held in Tokyo.
He added that to Gas One appreciates the Ene Farm technology of Toshiba where a user can generate and store electricity from their homes.
It reduces carbon emission by 48 per cent and lighting and heating costs by 26 per cent.
Kawamoto also mentioned that they`ve have build 400 big gas stations across the country to store and supply gas and to keep social life safe during natural calamity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Micromax launches Unite 4, Unite 4 pro smartphones
- Football Transfer: Barcelona's Dani Alves undergoes Juventus medical
- Sterling hits 31-year low, gilt yield below 1% for first time ever
- Google Chief Executive Officer Sundar Pichai's Quora account hacked
- Who are potential successors to RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan?