Japan to cut 25% greenhouse gas emissions by 2020
Tokyo: Reflecting the rising demand for clean energy internationally, an energy summit was recently organised in Tokyo under the aegis of Gas One, Japan`s gas supplying company.
Over 700 people from various corporate establishments attended the summit.
Elated at the response to the event, Takehiko Kawamoto, President, Gas One, said Japan at the UN leaders` meeting committed 25 per cent cut in greenhouse gas emissions by 2020 when Olympics are due to be held in Tokyo.
He added that to Gas One appreciates the Ene Farm technology of Toshiba where a user can generate and store electricity from their homes.
It reduces carbon emission by 48 per cent and lighting and heating costs by 26 per cent.
Kawamoto also mentioned that they`ve have build 400 big gas stations across the country to store and supply gas and to keep social life safe during natural calamity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...