Japan to cut 25% greenhouse gas emissions by 2020
Tokyo: Reflecting the rising demand for clean energy internationally, an energy summit was recently organised in Tokyo under the aegis of Gas One, Japan`s gas supplying company.
Over 700 people from various corporate establishments attended the summit.
Elated at the response to the event, Takehiko Kawamoto, President, Gas One, said Japan at the UN leaders` meeting committed 25 per cent cut in greenhouse gas emissions by 2020 when Olympics are due to be held in Tokyo.
He added that to Gas One appreciates the Ene Farm technology of Toshiba where a user can generate and store electricity from their homes.
It reduces carbon emission by 48 per cent and lighting and heating costs by 26 per cent.
Kawamoto also mentioned that they`ve have build 400 big gas stations across the country to store and supply gas and to keep social life safe during natural calamity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened