Japanese indus groups against specifying emissions cut target
Tokyo: Nine Japanese industry groups have
express their opposition to specifying the nation`s greenhouse
gas emissions cut target in an anti-global warming bill which
the government plans to present to the current Diet session.
The Japan Iron and Steel Federation, the Federation of
Electric Power Companies of Japan and other groups said in a
statement that spelling out the target to cut the emissions by
25 percent from 1990 levels by 2020 would not lead to a "real
solution" to the problem unless international fairness is
The groups also expressed opposition to the inclusion in
the government bill of a domestic greenhouse gas emissions
trading system and taxation to fight global warming.
They said that such systems would have a "heavy impact on
people`s lives and industrial activities," but that there has
not been any examination of their possible effects or their
potential burdens on people.
The industry groups said that if the government submitted
the bill to the Diet without providing sufficient explanations
and information to people, the move could not be described as
a "democratic process."
They also cited the idea of promoting the reduction of
greenhouse gas emissions through transferring Japan`s
energy-saving technologies to other countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened