Kaziranga to reopen on November 1
Guwahati: Kaziranga National Park, famed for its one-horned rhino, will open for tourists on November 1.
The park, a world heritage site, was closed since May before the onset of the monsoon season, an official release said Monday.
Jeep safari and elephant ride for tourists will also start from the same day.
Kaziranga has been in the news during the past year following the killing of 36 rhinos by poachers.
The Manas National Park, another word heritage site, already reopened for tourists Sunday, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed