Lavasa attacking me personally: Jairam
New Delhi: Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh Tuesday said there was "no prejudice" in the show cause notice issued to Lavasa for its Lake City project near Pune and accused the company of attacking him personally.
"Lavasa is attacking me personally. It is unfair and unfortunate," Ramesh told reporters outside parliament.
The notice was issued to the firm, a unit of Hindustan Construction Company, for violating green laws in the construction of the Lake City.
The company should not fear if it has followed all the rules, added Ramesh.
Lavasa said Monday that the show cause notice was a result of pressure from activists like Medha Patkar and was "vitiated by malafides and arbitrariness and breach of principles of natural justice".
The ministry slapped a notice Nov 26 asking the company to reply within 15 days why the unauthorised structures erected without any environment clearance should not immediately be demolished. The Lake City project, spread across 25,000 acres, is situated around 190 km from Mumbai and some 65 km from Pune.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender