Lavasa attacking me personally: Jairam
New Delhi: Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh Tuesday said there was "no prejudice" in the show cause notice issued to Lavasa for its Lake City project near Pune and accused the company of attacking him personally.
"Lavasa is attacking me personally. It is unfair and unfortunate," Ramesh told reporters outside parliament.
The notice was issued to the firm, a unit of Hindustan Construction Company, for violating green laws in the construction of the Lake City.
The company should not fear if it has followed all the rules, added Ramesh.
Lavasa said Monday that the show cause notice was a result of pressure from activists like Medha Patkar and was "vitiated by malafides and arbitrariness and breach of principles of natural justice".
The ministry slapped a notice Nov 26 asking the company to reply within 15 days why the unauthorised structures erected without any environment clearance should not immediately be demolished. The Lake City project, spread across 25,000 acres, is situated around 190 km from Mumbai and some 65 km from Pune.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- RBL Bank's IPO oversubscribed 70 times, applications cross 1 mn on Day 3
- Dredging of Brahmaputra soon to stop floods, erosion: Sonowal
- You may be ignoring these signs of a stroke! - Watch video
- Delhi schoolboy run over by van that dropped him home
- Will pursue agenda of political resolution, says Mehbooba Mufti