Lavasa attacking me personally: Jairam
New Delhi: Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh Tuesday said there was "no prejudice" in the show cause notice issued to Lavasa for its Lake City project near Pune and accused the company of attacking him personally.
"Lavasa is attacking me personally. It is unfair and unfortunate," Ramesh told reporters outside parliament.
The notice was issued to the firm, a unit of Hindustan Construction Company, for violating green laws in the construction of the Lake City.
The company should not fear if it has followed all the rules, added Ramesh.
Lavasa said Monday that the show cause notice was a result of pressure from activists like Medha Patkar and was "vitiated by malafides and arbitrariness and breach of principles of natural justice".
The ministry slapped a notice Nov 26 asking the company to reply within 15 days why the unauthorised structures erected without any environment clearance should not immediately be demolished. The Lake City project, spread across 25,000 acres, is situated around 190 km from Mumbai and some 65 km from Pune.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich attack: Facebook activates safety check tool
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- Blue hues to die for! Sonakshi Sinha is basking under Maldives sun- See pic
- Types of HIV carried by chimps can infect humans: Study
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch