Lima zoo to exhibit Peru`s first white tiger cub
Lima: The Huachipa Zoological Park in Lima plans to put Peru`s first white tiger born in captivity on exhibit next week, said veterinarian Catalina Hermoza.
"It is going to have an exhibit in the first half of this month like the other felines, so people can see it," Hermoza told EFE.
The tigress, who was born June 25 and weighs more than five kg, is in the zoo`s nursery and is being kept isolated from other animals.
Specialists are monitoring the cub`s vital signs and supervising her feeding.
"We are giving ourselves the option of letting the animal finish consuming milk and start to eat meat so it can have an adult diet, and then it will go into the area for big cats so it can join its mother when it is at least eight months old ... although there will no longer be a mother-daughter relationship," the veterinarian said.
The cub, which is teething, is the daughter of Yunga and Clarita, the white Bengal tigers that arrived from Argentina five years ago and Chile a year ago, respectively.
The little tigress, which had a brother that died 24 hours after birth, does not yet have a name and visitors will be asked to put their choices in a suggestion box.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists