Lioness delivers three cubs in Vandalur Zoo
Chennai: An Afro Asiatic lionness at the
Arignar Anna Zoological Park at Vandalur near here delivered
three cubs in captivity here on June 30, a zoo official said
The newborns have increased the total number of lions in
the park to 24, PRO of the zoo, Sathyamurthy, said.
The nine-year-old lioness was herself born in the zoo, he
said, adding the gender of the cubs could not immediately be
Sathyamurthy also said the park had recorded a 21 per cent
increase in the number of visitors in the last quarter ending
June, compared to its record last year.
The zoo received 6,63,318 visitors between April and June
this year, which was 1,16,833 more through its gates than last
year, he said.
The 602-hectare zoological park is the largest of its kind
in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Sensex shows traction, up 117 on monsoon update, strong Q4
- High-speed Spanish Talgo train begins trial run, to be introduced on Delhi-Mumbai route
- Want to improve your sex life? Ditch tampons for menstrual cups!
- Batla House encounter: BJP protests outside Sonia Gandhi's residence
- 'FIR' actor Suresh Chatwal no more, co-star Kavita Kaushik expresses grief