Locals helping in tiger poaching: Raj Thackeray
Chandrapur: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray today said that poaching of tigers here could not have taken place without the support of local people.
Thackeray, who was here to collect facts regarding poaching of tigers said that "It is impossible for any outsider to lay traps in deep forests without help from local people. It is the local people responsible for the act".
Talking about tiger conservation, Raj observed that awareness level about wildlife and forests is low in our society. Political parties call bandh against hike in petrol price but keep mum when tigers are killed.
He also stressed that open mining in the vicinity of forests is not only harmful for wildlife but also human inhabitation around.
He also said that forest officials lack dedication and sense of responsibility towards wildlife and forests as they feel that they are subjected to punishment when they are transfered here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence
- IIFA 2016: Priyanka Chopra wins 'Woman of the Year' award, expresses her joy on Twitter! - View pic
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi