Locals helping in tiger poaching: Raj Thackeray
Chandrapur: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray today said that poaching of tigers here could not have taken place without the support of local people.
Thackeray, who was here to collect facts regarding poaching of tigers said that "It is impossible for any outsider to lay traps in deep forests without help from local people. It is the local people responsible for the act".
Talking about tiger conservation, Raj observed that awareness level about wildlife and forests is low in our society. Political parties call bandh against hike in petrol price but keep mum when tigers are killed.
He also stressed that open mining in the vicinity of forests is not only harmful for wildlife but also human inhabitation around.
He also said that forest officials lack dedication and sense of responsibility towards wildlife and forests as they feel that they are subjected to punishment when they are transfered here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened