Locals helping in tiger poaching: Raj Thackeray
Chandrapur: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray today said that poaching of tigers here could not have taken place without the support of local people.
Thackeray, who was here to collect facts regarding poaching of tigers said that "It is impossible for any outsider to lay traps in deep forests without help from local people. It is the local people responsible for the act".
Talking about tiger conservation, Raj observed that awareness level about wildlife and forests is low in our society. Political parties call bandh against hike in petrol price but keep mum when tigers are killed.
He also stressed that open mining in the vicinity of forests is not only harmful for wildlife but also human inhabitation around.
He also said that forest officials lack dedication and sense of responsibility towards wildlife and forests as they feel that they are subjected to punishment when they are transfered here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH