Maharashtra Govt gets land in Mumbai for international zoo
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government has acquired 190 acres of land in suburban Mumbai for its proposed international zoo, which will also house hotels and entertainment facilities.
Talking to reporters today, Forest Minister Patangrao Kadam said the project, which will come up in Aarey Milk Colony in Goregaon, will be executed on BOT (build, operate, transfer) basis.
"Hotel and entertainment facilities will also be encouraged in the project," he said, adding a consultant will be appointed soon to prepare the master plan.
The venture will be designed on the lines of Gorewada zoo project in Nagpur, the Minister said.
Kadam said directives have been given to ensure that there is no encroachment on the acquired land. Political interference will not be entertained while removing any authorised structure, he maintained.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know