Make beauty routine environment-friendly
London: Be it make-up or hair styling, women spend hours in front of the mirror to get it right without thinking about its impact on the environment.
Here`s a list of small changes that can collectively make an impact not only on your electricity bills and water usage, but also to the environment, reports femalefirst.co.uk:
* Avoid hot showers and turn off the water: Hot water is capable of damaging your skin and your hair. Hot water ‘melts’ the skin’s natural oils, which are essential for moisture. This can make skin dry and irritated. Similarly, hot water opens up hair cuticles and removes moisture, leaving your hair feeling dry and brittle. Turn the heat down, to save on your bills. If you can, try to turn off the shower while you lather up, or at least switch off the tap when you brush your teeth, or take your make-up off.
* Apply make-up next to a window: If it`s day time, it`s best to use natural light. Sunlight is the purest form of light and so, it is extremely bright. Applying make-up using natural light will ensure that no matter where you are, your complexion will look flawless. Ensure that the window is directly in front of you to illuminate the front and sides of your face.
* Buy multi-purpose products: You will save a large amount of packaging and materials, if you use a combined lip and cheek stain, rather than individual products for each.
* Avoid using blow dry: Try to air dry your hair at least once every three washes. Not only will this help to repair any hair damage, but it will also cut down the amount of energy you use.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog