Meet the owl that`s scared of heights!
London: A tawny owl named Troy flies no higher than 6feet off the ground - because it is scared of heights.
Gareth Tonen hand-reared the one-year-old owl after he was found injured at a young age and now he refuses to fly above his trusted handler.
Gareth, 25, and other staff at the Hawk Conservancy Trust in Andover, Hants, are now trying to coax him into flying freely.
“He’s scared of heights,” the Mirror quoted trust Chief Ashley Smith, as saying.
“He’s been in captivity as long as he can remember and never been higher than his handler can lift him. We’re working on letting Troy realize he can fly as high as he wants,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?