Meet the owl that`s scared of heights!
London: A tawny owl named Troy flies no higher than 6feet off the ground - because it is scared of heights.
Gareth Tonen hand-reared the one-year-old owl after he was found injured at a young age and now he refuses to fly above his trusted handler.
Gareth, 25, and other staff at the Hawk Conservancy Trust in Andover, Hants, are now trying to coax him into flying freely.
“He’s scared of heights,” the Mirror quoted trust Chief Ashley Smith, as saying.
“He’s been in captivity as long as he can remember and never been higher than his handler can lift him. We’re working on letting Troy realize he can fly as high as he wants,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead