Meet the owl that`s scared of heights!
London: A tawny owl named Troy flies no higher than 6feet off the ground - because it is scared of heights.
Gareth Tonen hand-reared the one-year-old owl after he was found injured at a young age and now he refuses to fly above his trusted handler.
Gareth, 25, and other staff at the Hawk Conservancy Trust in Andover, Hants, are now trying to coax him into flying freely.
“He’s scared of heights,” the Mirror quoted trust Chief Ashley Smith, as saying.
“He’s been in captivity as long as he can remember and never been higher than his handler can lift him. We’re working on letting Troy realize he can fly as high as he wants,” he added.
- New uniform for Air India cabin crew in the offing, khadi among several suggestions
- Uber brings back surge pricing, Arvind Kejriwal warns of strong action
- Happy Birthday! New photographs of Britain's Princess Charlotte released
- Weathermen predict fall in temperatures across northern India
- Rahul Gandhi to be face of Congress in Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls?