``Mini skirt meteorology`` for weather forecast
London: The length of women``s skirts is a good way of forecasting whether to expect rain or shine, it has been claimed.
The bizarre claim is the result of a research at Internet auction site eBay, which says that the rises and falls in the length of skirts can be used to predict what the weather will be like three days in advance.
Analysts at the company said the length of skirts sold on the website becomes shorter several days before the weather changes for the better, and lengthens when colder conditions are due.
On occasions, the trend is said to have predicted a shift in the weather before any advice has been issued by the Met Office using more traditional meteorological methods.
Demand for skirts on the site reportedly rose by 200 per cent a week before the recent hot weather began, several days before forecasters had announced it.
"We``re calling it mini skirt meteorology. If you want to know what the weather is going to be like in three days, just take a look at hemlines," the Telegraph quoted Ruth Szyszkowski, of eBay, as telling the Daily Mail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued