Missing Sariska tiger located
Alwar: Days after one of the five tigers translocated to the Sariska reserve in Rajasthan was found dead, another big cat which has been missing for about a week was today located through radio signals, an official said.
"A team succeeded in establishing link with the missing tiger through signals and the location was near Akbarpur," District Forest Officer (Sariska) Y K Sahu said.
He said the tiger, "ST-4", was not visible yet but efforts are on to find it.
The carcass of the other missing tiger, identified as "ST-1" was found by a forest department team near Rajaugarh on Sunday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees