Modi effect: Chhattisgarh to build toilets in 100 schools
Raipur: Responding to Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s call for `Clean India` initiative and focus on school sanitation, Chhattisgarh Government has decided to construct toilets in as many as 100 schools.
Chhattisgarh Housing Board (CHB) will execute the plan to build the lavatories.
"A project has been prepared by Chhattisgarh Housing Board (CHB) to construct toilets in 100 Government schools in the State," CHB Commissioner Sanjay Shukla said.
CHB Chairman N Baijendra Kumar has directed officials to use funds from the board`s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) division to implement the project, he said.
The schools are yet to be identified, but priority would be given to those which have girl students in large numbers, he said, adding the board will also carry out maintenance of these toilets.
According to a Public Relations Officer, three days ago, Chief Minister Raman Singh, during his video-conferencing with District Collectors and senior officers, directed them to implement the initiatives outlined by Modi during his speech on Independence Day.
Modi had declared to launch `Swachh Bharat Abhiyan` (Clean India Campaign) in the country from October 2. The PM had pitched for efforts to build toilets to do away with the need for women to defecate out in the open.
He urged Parliamentarians and the corporate sector to help build separate toilets by next year for girls in schools across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe