Monsoon shows signs of revival
Pune: After a lull, the monsoon has shown signs of revival following a deep depression in Bay of Bengal leading to a continuing wet spell in the eastern states of India, according to MET officials.
The advance of the monsoon in the North-Westerly direction was benefiting Jharkhand and adjoining areas.
The rains had been good all over the West coast and the wet spell could continue for another 2/3 days, Medha Khole, Director, Central Weather Observatory here said today.
Upto September 2, the overall rain deficit in the country was 23 percent and the revival of the monsoon could make up for it to some extent, she said, adding that prospects
of rainfall in the Northern states depended on what direction the monsoon would take in current month.
Meanwhile, Dr Narendra Jadhav, member of Planning Commission and former Vice chancellor of Pune University said here that the September rainfall would be important for stabilising the country`s economic growth rate at 6.3 during financial year 2009-10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof