MPs seek exclusive panel on wind energy
New Delhi: A group of MPs working on climate issues have asked the ministries of New and Renewable Energy and Finance to constitute an exclusive committee to fast track their recommendations on wind energy.
Parliamentarians belonging to the Climate Parliament India Group made this demand while submitting the `MPs Key Recommendations on Wind Energy` to New and Renewable Energy Minister Farooq Abdullah and Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
"The key recommendations of the Parliamentarians from wind rich states need to be taken up as immediate measures by the government, for mitigating the various issues of wind energy sector and for reviving a sustainable growth of the sector," group convener Sanjay Jaiswal said.
The multi-party Parliamentarians Meet, organised in Banglore by Climate Parliament, on the `Wind Power Industry in India: Enabling Future Growth` recently, has asked the government for immediate implementation of GBI (Generation Based Incentive) and reintroduction of AD (Accelerated Depreciation).
Some of the MPs `key recommendations and suggestions` are re-assessment and validation of wind potential at the national level, adequate planning for transmission infrastructure including inter-state transmission and specific policy on repowering wind sites.
Long-term policy vision and implementation mission, alignment of national renewable energy deployment targets according to NAPCC recommendations and enforcement of RPO targets and finalisation of a strong off-shore wind energy policy are the other recommendations.
MPs including Jhansi Lakshmi Botcha, Vandana Chavan and Vasanthy Stanley have taken forward the `MPs Key Recommendations on Wind Energy`, on behalf of the entire participant MPs in the Bangalore meet.
The memorandum submitted to the ministers is also signed by them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close