MPs seek exclusive panel on wind energy
New Delhi: A group of MPs working on climate issues have asked the ministries of New and Renewable Energy and Finance to constitute an exclusive committee to fast track their recommendations on wind energy.
Parliamentarians belonging to the Climate Parliament India Group made this demand while submitting the `MPs Key Recommendations on Wind Energy` to New and Renewable Energy Minister Farooq Abdullah and Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
"The key recommendations of the Parliamentarians from wind rich states need to be taken up as immediate measures by the government, for mitigating the various issues of wind energy sector and for reviving a sustainable growth of the sector," group convener Sanjay Jaiswal said.
The multi-party Parliamentarians Meet, organised in Banglore by Climate Parliament, on the `Wind Power Industry in India: Enabling Future Growth` recently, has asked the government for immediate implementation of GBI (Generation Based Incentive) and reintroduction of AD (Accelerated Depreciation).
Some of the MPs `key recommendations and suggestions` are re-assessment and validation of wind potential at the national level, adequate planning for transmission infrastructure including inter-state transmission and specific policy on repowering wind sites.
Long-term policy vision and implementation mission, alignment of national renewable energy deployment targets according to NAPCC recommendations and enforcement of RPO targets and finalisation of a strong off-shore wind energy policy are the other recommendations.
MPs including Jhansi Lakshmi Botcha, Vandana Chavan and Vasanthy Stanley have taken forward the `MPs Key Recommendations on Wind Energy`, on behalf of the entire participant MPs in the Bangalore meet.
The memorandum submitted to the ministers is also signed by them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read