Mughal Gardens receives 2.86 lakh visitors in 2 weeks
New Delhi: The Mughal Gardens inside the Rashtrapati Bhavan complex has this year received 2.86 lakh visitors in the first fortnight of the month-long period during which it stays open to the general public.
The maximum number of visitors on a single day was received on February 23, which was a Sunday.
"The Mughal Gardens and other Rashtrapati Bhavan Gardens, open to the general public from February 16 to March 16, 2014, have received 2,86,942 persons till March 2, 2014.
"The maximum numbers of visitors on a single day was 50,173 on February 23," Press Secretary to the President, Venu Rajamony, said in a statement.
Since the maximum number of visitors is received on weekends, the public is encouraged to visit the gardens on weekdays, the statement added.
"Entry and exit for the general public is from Gate No.35 of the President`s Estate, close to where North Avenue meets Rashtrapati Bhavan, between 1000hrs to 1600hrs," Rajamony said.
In a special arrangement for farmers, differently-abled persons and defence personnel, Mughal Gardens will be exclusively for them on March 18, 19 and 20, respectively.
"The entry for differently-abled persons will be through the main reception of Rashtrapati Bhavan on March 19 from 1000 hrs to 1300hrs. The Herbal Garden (Tactile Garden) will be open for visually-challenged people on March 19 from 1400hrs to 1630hrs. Their entry will be from Gate No.12, situated on Church Road (opposite North Avenue)," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says