Mughal Gardens receives 2.86 lakh visitors in 2 weeks
New Delhi: The Mughal Gardens inside the Rashtrapati Bhavan complex has this year received 2.86 lakh visitors in the first fortnight of the month-long period during which it stays open to the general public.
The maximum number of visitors on a single day was received on February 23, which was a Sunday.
"The Mughal Gardens and other Rashtrapati Bhavan Gardens, open to the general public from February 16 to March 16, 2014, have received 2,86,942 persons till March 2, 2014.
"The maximum numbers of visitors on a single day was 50,173 on February 23," Press Secretary to the President, Venu Rajamony, said in a statement.
Since the maximum number of visitors is received on weekends, the public is encouraged to visit the gardens on weekdays, the statement added.
"Entry and exit for the general public is from Gate No.35 of the President`s Estate, close to where North Avenue meets Rashtrapati Bhavan, between 1000hrs to 1600hrs," Rajamony said.
In a special arrangement for farmers, differently-abled persons and defence personnel, Mughal Gardens will be exclusively for them on March 18, 19 and 20, respectively.
"The entry for differently-abled persons will be through the main reception of Rashtrapati Bhavan on March 19 from 1000 hrs to 1300hrs. The Herbal Garden (Tactile Garden) will be open for visually-challenged people on March 19 from 1400hrs to 1630hrs. Their entry will be from Gate No.12, situated on Church Road (opposite North Avenue)," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence