Mumbai NGO picked for Fulbright alumni programme
Mumbai: A project by a top environmental NGO is among the two from India selected by the US-based Fulbright Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (FAEIF) through a global competition, an official said here Tuesday.
The project, `Capacity Development of Mid-Level Professionals from Environmental NGOs into Master Trainers Through Management Workshops` has been designed by the Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS).
The project is being headed by V. Shubhalaxmi along with other Fulbright alumni from Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Bhubaneshwar and Imphal, a BNHS official said.
"Funded by the FAEIF, we will train around 250 employees from 125 environmental NGOs (eNGOs) from across India in a year-long programme," an BNHS official said.
The programme would comprise of a three-day management workshop, a mentoring phase and a two-day follow-up workshop.
The first in this series will start soon from Mumbai, followed by Imphal, Chennai and New Delhi.
All the participating eNGOs will be enrolled on a network that would provide continued technical support by the regional Fulbright alumni.
India has around 2,342 eNGOs working in the field of wildlife and environment and perpetually face paucity of funds as their work is not directly related to human beings.
"These organisations constantly grapple with their own sustainability issues and the financial instability leads to mismanagement of the organisation," the official said.
The BNHS programme would address issues such as fiscal management, human resource management, marketing management, networking and public relations to equip them become financially sustainable.
The mid-level employees of the eNGOs would be equipped with these skills to help them become sustainable and achieve progressive growth, and also develop Master Trainers among them to impart the skills within and outsider their organisations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi