Nainital zoo takes care of two orphaned leopard cubs
Nainital (Uttarakhand): A zoo in Nainital is taking full care the two leopard cubs that were separated from their mother.
"Out of the two cubs, one was found separated from its mother in a sugarcane field in Jaspur. The other was also found separated from its mother in Kasgipur. They are possibly a month old. We are facing a lot of problems, as we take care of them but we are feeding them with dilute milk and we are giving it to them on several ocassions," said Manoj Shah, a range officer.
The zoo authorities have made two persons in charge of the one month old leopard cubs in Nainital`s G B Pant High Altitude Zoo.
The cubs were being given diluted milk by the zoo officials.
The zoo caretaker said that they are taking all precautions as far as the leopard cubs are concerned.
"I come here at 6 in the morning and first look them up, after which we feed them milk and then we make them roam about with us outside for at least 1 and a half to two hours. We feed them milk every two hours five times a day because they drink very little as they are not able to drink all of it so we feed them slowly five times a day," said caretaker Pushkar Singh.
The cubs are rubbed down with wet cloths or brushes to mimic the sensation of licking, which the mother leopard does to help the cubs pass stool and urinate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender