Nainital zoo takes care of two orphaned leopard cubs
Nainital (Uttarakhand): A zoo in Nainital is taking full care the two leopard cubs that were separated from their mother.
"Out of the two cubs, one was found separated from its mother in a sugarcane field in Jaspur. The other was also found separated from its mother in Kasgipur. They are possibly a month old. We are facing a lot of problems, as we take care of them but we are feeding them with dilute milk and we are giving it to them on several ocassions," said Manoj Shah, a range officer.
The zoo authorities have made two persons in charge of the one month old leopard cubs in Nainital`s G B Pant High Altitude Zoo.
The cubs were being given diluted milk by the zoo officials.
The zoo caretaker said that they are taking all precautions as far as the leopard cubs are concerned.
"I come here at 6 in the morning and first look them up, after which we feed them milk and then we make them roam about with us outside for at least 1 and a half to two hours. We feed them milk every two hours five times a day because they drink very little as they are not able to drink all of it so we feed them slowly five times a day," said caretaker Pushkar Singh.
The cubs are rubbed down with wet cloths or brushes to mimic the sensation of licking, which the mother leopard does to help the cubs pass stool and urinate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'