Nainital zoo takes care of two orphaned leopard cubs
Nainital (Uttarakhand): A zoo in Nainital is taking full care the two leopard cubs that were separated from their mother.
"Out of the two cubs, one was found separated from its mother in a sugarcane field in Jaspur. The other was also found separated from its mother in Kasgipur. They are possibly a month old. We are facing a lot of problems, as we take care of them but we are feeding them with dilute milk and we are giving it to them on several ocassions," said Manoj Shah, a range officer.
The zoo authorities have made two persons in charge of the one month old leopard cubs in Nainital`s G B Pant High Altitude Zoo.
The cubs were being given diluted milk by the zoo officials.
The zoo caretaker said that they are taking all precautions as far as the leopard cubs are concerned.
"I come here at 6 in the morning and first look them up, after which we feed them milk and then we make them roam about with us outside for at least 1 and a half to two hours. We feed them milk every two hours five times a day because they drink very little as they are not able to drink all of it so we feed them slowly five times a day," said caretaker Pushkar Singh.
The cubs are rubbed down with wet cloths or brushes to mimic the sensation of licking, which the mother leopard does to help the cubs pass stool and urinate.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed