Nainital zoo takes care of two orphaned leopard cubs
Nainital (Uttarakhand): A zoo in Nainital is taking full care the two leopard cubs that were separated from their mother.
"Out of the two cubs, one was found separated from its mother in a sugarcane field in Jaspur. The other was also found separated from its mother in Kasgipur. They are possibly a month old. We are facing a lot of problems, as we take care of them but we are feeding them with dilute milk and we are giving it to them on several ocassions," said Manoj Shah, a range officer.
The zoo authorities have made two persons in charge of the one month old leopard cubs in Nainital`s G B Pant High Altitude Zoo.
The cubs were being given diluted milk by the zoo officials.
The zoo caretaker said that they are taking all precautions as far as the leopard cubs are concerned.
"I come here at 6 in the morning and first look them up, after which we feed them milk and then we make them roam about with us outside for at least 1 and a half to two hours. We feed them milk every two hours five times a day because they drink very little as they are not able to drink all of it so we feed them slowly five times a day," said caretaker Pushkar Singh.
The cubs are rubbed down with wet cloths or brushes to mimic the sensation of licking, which the mother leopard does to help the cubs pass stool and urinate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi