Need for sustainable waste management: Deepa Dasmunshi
New Delhi: Minister of State for Urban Development Deepa Dasmunshi has advocated an "integrated" and "sustainable" waste management system in the country.
She expressed concern over the quantum of waste produced every year from construction and demolition activities.
Dasmunshi was speaking here Thursday at the inauguration of a two-day symposium on Technology and Equipment for Construction and Demolition Waste Recycling.
She also stressed the need for implementation of new policies, information technologies and awareness about waste diversion and recycling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Birthday special: Check out TOP 10 pics of Shah Rukh Khan's youngest minion AbRam!
- Are your hands and feet always cold? Know what's the reason!
- Facebook most preferred among US citizens to get news
- HILARIOUS: Read why Parthiv Patel referred to Yuvraj Singh as 'Chachaji'!
- India Inc shows growth spreading by end of Modi's sophomore year