Need for sustainable waste management: Deepa Dasmunshi
New Delhi: Minister of State for Urban Development Deepa Dasmunshi has advocated an "integrated" and "sustainable" waste management system in the country.
She expressed concern over the quantum of waste produced every year from construction and demolition activities.
Dasmunshi was speaking here Thursday at the inauguration of a two-day symposium on Technology and Equipment for Construction and Demolition Waste Recycling.
She also stressed the need for implementation of new policies, information technologies and awareness about waste diversion and recycling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics