New frog species discovered in Mizo lake
Aizawl: Two Mizo zoologists and their
associates have discovered a new species of frog at
Tamdil lake, near Saitual, about 75 kilometres from here.
The discovery was documented and published by the
international scientific journal, Zootaxa, on Tuesday last
H T Lalremsanga, Asst Professor, Department of
Zoology, Mizoram University and Saipari Sailo, research
scholar, department of Zoology, North Eastern Hill University,
Shillong and their associates took credit for the discovery.
The newly-discovered frog species was named
The discovery was the result of research work at
Tamdil lake, one of the 94 National Wetland Areas in the
country, for over a decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply