New frog species discovered in Mizo lake
Aizawl: Two Mizo zoologists and their
associates have discovered a new species of frog at
Tamdil lake, near Saitual, about 75 kilometres from here.
The discovery was documented and published by the
international scientific journal, Zootaxa, on Tuesday last
H T Lalremsanga, Asst Professor, Department of
Zoology, Mizoram University and Saipari Sailo, research
scholar, department of Zoology, North Eastern Hill University,
Shillong and their associates took credit for the discovery.
The newly-discovered frog species was named
The discovery was the result of research work at
Tamdil lake, one of the 94 National Wetland Areas in the
country, for over a decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders