New map shows how submerged Earth will look if all the ice melted
London: Maps created by National Geographic magazine have shown that a huge portion of eastern England, most of Denmark, and the US` entire eastern seaboard, Bangladesh and China`s huge chunk is going to get submerged if all the ice in the world melted.
And if the following were to happen, it will produce a sea level rise of about 216ft.
The magazine said that there are more than five million cubic miles of ice on Earth, and according to some scientists it`s going to take more than 5,000 years to melt it all.
The maps also show the Black Sea joining with the Caspian Sea in Europe, while a vast lake is created in the middle of Australia, the Independent reported.
Alexandria and Cairo in Egypt will be lost and the temperature rise needed to melt the ice will make much of it uninhabitable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Attention TV lovers, we have a good news for 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai' fans! - Read more
- News Television Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags best news channel website honour
- Say Whaaat! Winners of Sunny Leone, Rannvijay Singha's 'Splitsvilla 9' already decided?
- Google-backed transpacific submarine cable between US and Japan goes live today!
- WOAH! Gautam Gambhir absolutely destroys Ravi Shastri - Here are his scathing comments