New map shows how submerged Earth will look if all the ice melted
London: Maps created by National Geographic magazine have shown that a huge portion of eastern England, most of Denmark, and the US` entire eastern seaboard, Bangladesh and China`s huge chunk is going to get submerged if all the ice in the world melted.
And if the following were to happen, it will produce a sea level rise of about 216ft.
The magazine said that there are more than five million cubic miles of ice on Earth, and according to some scientists it`s going to take more than 5,000 years to melt it all.
The maps also show the Black Sea joining with the Caspian Sea in Europe, while a vast lake is created in the middle of Australia, the Independent reported.
Alexandria and Cairo in Egypt will be lost and the temperature rise needed to melt the ice will make much of it uninhabitable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video