Nine blackbucks found dead in Lucknow zoo
Lucknow: As many as nine blackbucks have died in Lucknow zoo since September 7, state minister for Animal Park, Shiv Pratap Yadav said here Tuesday.
The post mortem examination carried out by the veterinary doctors of the zoo have found acute broncho pneumonia as the cause of death, the minister said.
Yadav who visited the zoo, directed the officials to make special arrangements to check the infection from spreading to other blackbucks.
A team of experts from Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), Bareilly arrived at the Zoo to study the situation.
The IVRI team will monitor the 34 blackbucks of the zoo and provide their advise on precautions to be taken, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her