Nine blackbucks found dead in Lucknow zoo
Lucknow: As many as nine blackbucks have died in Lucknow zoo since September 7, state minister for Animal Park, Shiv Pratap Yadav said here Tuesday.
The post mortem examination carried out by the veterinary doctors of the zoo have found acute broncho pneumonia as the cause of death, the minister said.
Yadav who visited the zoo, directed the officials to make special arrangements to check the infection from spreading to other blackbucks.
A team of experts from Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), Bareilly arrived at the Zoo to study the situation.
The IVRI team will monitor the 34 blackbucks of the zoo and provide their advise on precautions to be taken, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- REVEALED: How Test captain Virat Kohli played game-changing role in Anil Kumble's appointment
- Buying your dream home in Gurgaon to become cheaper; Circle rates reduced by 15%
- Iranians pray for peace on holy night
- Goa to continue getting incessant rains till July 1: Met
- Hotness overload! Ranveer Singh, Fawad Khan bromance on reel?