Now, submit forest clearance proposals online
New Delhi: Minister of State for Environment, Forests and Climate Change Prakash Javadekar Tuesday launched a web portal for online submission and monitoring of forest clearance proposals.
One can go for online submission along with the provision for hard copy submission till August 15 for more transparency.
"We are aiming at maximum transparency in forest clearance process by instituting the provision for online submission of proposals. There will also be online monitoring of the different proposals we receive," Javadekar told the media.
He said the process will become exclusively online from August 15.
Earlier, online submission for environment clearance proposals was initiated June 15 and it became fully online July 1.
Javadekar said online submission and monitoring of forest clearance proposals will minimise the need for human interface between project proponents and officials dealing with the proposals in the central and the state governments.
He added it will ensure that one adheres to the time stipulated for processing of these proposals.
The minister said his ministry has tried to simplify the procedure for grant of forest clearances.
"To address the security and strategic interests of the nation, we have accorded general approval under the Forest Conservation Act, 1980 for diversion of forest land required for construction and widening of two-lane roads within 100-kilometre aerial distance from the LAC (Line of Actual Control) by the agencies whom the ministry of defence entrusts the job," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers