Now, submit forest clearance proposals online
New Delhi: Minister of State for Environment, Forests and Climate Change Prakash Javadekar Tuesday launched a web portal for online submission and monitoring of forest clearance proposals.
One can go for online submission along with the provision for hard copy submission till August 15 for more transparency.
"We are aiming at maximum transparency in forest clearance process by instituting the provision for online submission of proposals. There will also be online monitoring of the different proposals we receive," Javadekar told the media.
He said the process will become exclusively online from August 15.
Earlier, online submission for environment clearance proposals was initiated June 15 and it became fully online July 1.
Javadekar said online submission and monitoring of forest clearance proposals will minimise the need for human interface between project proponents and officials dealing with the proposals in the central and the state governments.
He added it will ensure that one adheres to the time stipulated for processing of these proposals.
The minister said his ministry has tried to simplify the procedure for grant of forest clearances.
"To address the security and strategic interests of the nation, we have accorded general approval under the Forest Conservation Act, 1980 for diversion of forest land required for construction and widening of two-lane roads within 100-kilometre aerial distance from the LAC (Line of Actual Control) by the agencies whom the ministry of defence entrusts the job," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!