Offered help to IPCC to strengthen quality control process: EU
New Delhi: Backing the controversy-ridden
IPCC, the European Union today said it had offered to help the
UN climate panel strengthen its quality control processes.
"The IPCC has grown so much. The level of science and
research has improved so much; there is participation of so
many different partners of the world that we need to update
the counter-assessment, the quality control of its work,"
Teresa Ribera, Spain`s Secretary of State for Climate Change
Spain is Chair of the 27-nation European Union.
Ribera said she had personally written to R K Pachauri,
the Chairman of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
(IPCC) offering help in updating its procedures.
"I personally wrote a letter to the chair of IPCC
offering help to update and help improve these kinds of
controls," she said.
Ribera said the EU "fully supported" the work of the IPCC
and said it was the "best institution" that was created by the
international community to provide a scientific basis for its
actions to tackle climate change.
On errors in the IPCC report, she said that some factual
data could be misleading in such a long report but there were
enough references to trace the source of the errors.
"This shows how rugged the system is and there is always
an opportunity to update the processes," Ribera said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi