Oldest white tigress dies at Jaipur zoo
Jaipur: A white tigress, believed to be the country`s oldest big cat, died today at a zoo here.
The tigress "Reshma" completed 24 years in April and was operated upon three days back when another big cat had bit her tail.
"The tigress was doing well after the operation but her condition deteriorated suddenly and died today," U M Sahay, Chief Wildlife Warden, said.
"Born in Jaipur, Reshma was the oldest tigress in any zoo of the country because big cat in captivity complete maximum 18-20 years," a zoo official said.
Reshma had given birth to two cubs in 1993 with one being albino - lacking normal pigmentation - but both had died after some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf