Organic farming in Bihar
Patna: Bihar government has prepared an
agricultural roadmap under which one village in each of the
38 districts in the state would be selected as organic village
for promoting organic farming.
"Under the roadmap formulated for agriculture, we will
select one village in every district as organic village for
the purpose of organic farming", state Agriculture Minister
Narendra Singh said.
"Organic farming is the only way to restore fertility of
land," he said.
The fertility of land has decreased due to the increasing
use of chemical fertilisers and pesticides over the years, he
said, adding, "Organic farming will increase the production
of food crops."
Singh said the present government had increased
agriculture budget from Rs 25 crore to Rs 803 crore and was
ready to achieve the objectives under agricultural roadmap.
Stating that several rounds of talks have taken place
between he state government and various banks regarding
assistance to farmers, the minister said the government was
also making efforts for certification of organic villages as
it was important for the marketing of agricultural products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report