Organic farming in Bihar
Patna: Bihar government has prepared an
agricultural roadmap under which one village in each of the
38 districts in the state would be selected as organic village
for promoting organic farming.
"Under the roadmap formulated for agriculture, we will
select one village in every district as organic village for
the purpose of organic farming", state Agriculture Minister
Narendra Singh said.
"Organic farming is the only way to restore fertility of
land," he said.
The fertility of land has decreased due to the increasing
use of chemical fertilisers and pesticides over the years, he
said, adding, "Organic farming will increase the production
of food crops."
Singh said the present government had increased
agriculture budget from Rs 25 crore to Rs 803 crore and was
ready to achieve the objectives under agricultural roadmap.
Stating that several rounds of talks have taken place
between he state government and various banks regarding
assistance to farmers, the minister said the government was
also making efforts for certification of organic villages as
it was important for the marketing of agricultural products.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler