Organic farming in Bihar
Patna: Bihar government has prepared an
agricultural roadmap under which one village in each of the
38 districts in the state would be selected as organic village
for promoting organic farming.
"Under the roadmap formulated for agriculture, we will
select one village in every district as organic village for
the purpose of organic farming", state Agriculture Minister
Narendra Singh said.
"Organic farming is the only way to restore fertility of
land," he said.
The fertility of land has decreased due to the increasing
use of chemical fertilisers and pesticides over the years, he
said, adding, "Organic farming will increase the production
of food crops."
Singh said the present government had increased
agriculture budget from Rs 25 crore to Rs 803 crore and was
ready to achieve the objectives under agricultural roadmap.
Stating that several rounds of talks have taken place
between he state government and various banks regarding
assistance to farmers, the minister said the government was
also making efforts for certification of organic villages as
it was important for the marketing of agricultural products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray