Orphaned Asiatic black bear rescued
Itanagar: An orphaned Asiatic black bear cub was rescued from the forest of Noksa village in Tirap district by Tirap district Zilla Parishad Chairperson Chawang Lowang who is a wildlife enthusiast and a conservationist.
He and his family took care of the bear at home which was rescued recently, due to which the orphan bear has been maintaining good health.
The bear was finally handed over to the authorities of Namdapha National Park on Wednesday for rehabilitation and up-keep under mini zoo, Miao, official sources said here today.
The Divisional Forest Officer of Khonsa and Range Forest Officer of the mini zoo Miao co-ordinated the whole operation. The DFO, Khonsa appreciated the effort and kind gesture of Tirap ZPC Chawang Lowang, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users