Orphaned Asiatic black bear rescued
Itanagar: An orphaned Asiatic black bear cub was rescued from the forest of Noksa village in Tirap district by Tirap district Zilla Parishad Chairperson Chawang Lowang who is a wildlife enthusiast and a conservationist.
He and his family took care of the bear at home which was rescued recently, due to which the orphan bear has been maintaining good health.
The bear was finally handed over to the authorities of Namdapha National Park on Wednesday for rehabilitation and up-keep under mini zoo, Miao, official sources said here today.
The Divisional Forest Officer of Khonsa and Range Forest Officer of the mini zoo Miao co-ordinated the whole operation. The DFO, Khonsa appreciated the effort and kind gesture of Tirap ZPC Chawang Lowang, sources added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani