Orphaned Asiatic black bear rescued
Itanagar: An orphaned Asiatic black bear cub was rescued from the forest of Noksa village in Tirap district by Tirap district Zilla Parishad Chairperson Chawang Lowang who is a wildlife enthusiast and a conservationist.
He and his family took care of the bear at home which was rescued recently, due to which the orphan bear has been maintaining good health.
The bear was finally handed over to the authorities of Namdapha National Park on Wednesday for rehabilitation and up-keep under mini zoo, Miao, official sources said here today.
The Divisional Forest Officer of Khonsa and Range Forest Officer of the mini zoo Miao co-ordinated the whole operation. The DFO, Khonsa appreciated the effort and kind gesture of Tirap ZPC Chawang Lowang, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed