Orphaned Asiatic black bear rescued
Itanagar: An orphaned Asiatic black bear cub was rescued from the forest of Noksa village in Tirap district by Tirap district Zilla Parishad Chairperson Chawang Lowang who is a wildlife enthusiast and a conservationist.
He and his family took care of the bear at home which was rescued recently, due to which the orphan bear has been maintaining good health.
The bear was finally handed over to the authorities of Namdapha National Park on Wednesday for rehabilitation and up-keep under mini zoo, Miao, official sources said here today.
The Divisional Forest Officer of Khonsa and Range Forest Officer of the mini zoo Miao co-ordinated the whole operation. The DFO, Khonsa appreciated the effort and kind gesture of Tirap ZPC Chawang Lowang, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price